We have changed our name to better reflect our mission statement.Our primary focus in AAATP is to promote education, to keep our members informed on current events in taxation and accounting, and protect the right to practice of all accountants. The addition of our web site to the other great benefits and services we already offer is yet another way that AAATP is reaching out to our members.
AAATP Mission Statement
The Arizona Association of accounting and Tax Professionals is committed to advancing professionalism of tax and accounting professionals through education, networking and maintaining their right to practice.
AAATP Vision Statement
1. Identify and serve the professional needs of its members.
2. Provide professional programs that will help improve the quality of services provided by all Arizona practicing accountants.
3. Preserve and protect the right of all Arizona accountants to practice their profession.
4. Promote the maintenance of the highest ethical standards by all Arizona practicing accountants.
5. Promote a greater public knowledge and understanding of the accounting profession in Arizona.
We've incorporated many valuable features into our web site and I certainly hope you take advantage of this site, designed with you in mind. Our web page contains lots of useful information -- including information for officers and committees, online registration for seminars, calendar of events, and links to important sites and resources.
The real value in membership in AAATP is involvement -- networking with others at local chapter meetings, attending seminars, and forming relationships with other accounting and tax professionals that will become the foundation of a long and successful affiliation with AAATP.
Take advantage of your membership, use all of the benefits available to you, attend the seminars offered throughout the year, attend chapter meetings and meet your fellow AAATP members. If you aren't yet a member of ASPA then take a look at the pages on membership and member benefits -- I invite you to fill out an on-line membership application and join AAATP.
Your membership in AAATP will surely turn out to be a investment that will reap many valuable returns.
Joanne Elsen, CPA,